Friday, February 06, 2004

why not to write in the foreign language?

sometimes friends ask me why I write my blog in the foreign language. there is no special reason, indeed.
maybe - I try to exercise my english or to reshape my thoughts into not-polish form or to interpret my feelings from the point of view of the total stranger.
when you use a different language from your natural, you use absolutely another cultural code. therefore your thoughts are more open to different meanings, they become postmodern. one can say that such a situation is typical even for the natural language, even though someone has been brought up in a concrete environment, the other people can 'read' him or her different even from his or her intention.
each form of communication have got several meanings. we can watch the same tv programme and understand it in another ways, the same with books, articles, news, conversations etc.
although in the situation of using completely another code (another language), these meanings are constantly multiplying.
the very difficult piece of art - try to make people understand you as you wish. however, tricking can help you avoiding some misunderstanding. writing isn't anything else but cheating... often with your own personality...
multiplying, multiplying... guess who am I!

No comments: