Thursday, October 16, 2003

experience

I am a teacher. I work with young people looking for their way of living. Sometimes my job scares me. I am not afraid with a subject or some unpleasant situations which are the part of each work but I am totally stressed while thinking about responsibility: they drink all your words looking at your mouth and you wonder whether there isn't poison flowing out... By accident or maybe not. Evil doesn't sleep and perhaps it can use you for having fun. Young people like puppets and you as a god. Nice vision, isn't it? However, even as the god you are going to be just a tool. What about your own personality and soul? You should shout loudly to overpower chaos. First supposed to be heard by yourself then understood and accepted. Next you can try with others. Everyday - the same battle - the question - Who am I to speak to people, to teach them, to give them something understood like knowledge and skills. Who am I to support them and give them hope and faith in the world? Who am I to be followed and trusted? Just a human, just like others, just no-one. Although I feel it's my way and I know I must go farther and smile at them - looking with light in a direction of unknown...

No comments: